Bitcoin & Crypto Trading: Ledger Cast
Welcome to Ledger Cast — a new cryptocurrency podcast
Welcome to Ledger Cast -- a podcast about the cryptocurrency world, including trading talk, fundamentals, news, and more. This podcast is hosted by @carpenoctom and @ledgerstatus).
Welcome to the first episode of Ledger Cast, which we are calling episode 0. Ledger Cast is hosted by me, Brian Krogsgard (@ledgerstatus on twitter), and Josh Olszewicz (@carpenoctom). Ledger Cast is a cryptocurrency trading and blockchain ecosystem podcast.
We cover technical topics on trading, fundamental analysis and various coins, news of the week, and more. For this introductory episode, we also tell how we each got into crypto and discuss various aspects of our trading strategies, some of our earliest trades, keeping up with crypto, how much the industry has exploded, and more.
News items of the week
- Futures trading coming to bitcoin, via CME, CBOE, and NASDAQ.
- Segwit, segwit2x, and the business versus core components
- Josh trolling Brian Armstrong on Twitter about Segwit
- What coins Coinbase/Gdax may list
- Consensus Invest
Some coins mentioned in this episode (links to Coin Market Cap):
- Bitcoin, duh
- Ethereum: Brian's first buy, the catalyst of the huge alts season in 2017
- Litecoin: The first alt Josh heard of, and one of Brian's first buys
- Ripple: Josh's most profitable alts trade ever, and whether it may be added to Coinbase
- Project 0x: We discussed decentralized exchange protocols (DEXs) and whether it may be added to Coinbase.
- Siacoin: Why Brian likes the Sia Heikin Ashi weekly to see market cycles at work
- Iota and its ridiculous run of late
- Neo and OMG had previous huge runs, but weren't already high on market cap
Various other links
Ask us a question
Every episode, we'll try to answer one or two audience questions. If you ever have one, just tweet at us or fill out the contact form.
Find Josh and Brian elsewhere
Interested in sponsoring?
We'd love to talk to interested parties about sponsorship opportunities. We are open to suggestions, but are not seeking deals that include promos for ICOs, etc. But if you do something interesting in the space and want to chat, contact us.